
John Abraham, for the first time in his career, is going to play the role of a cop and will sport a moustache for the role. The movie is the Hindi remake of Tamil action movie ‘Kaakha Kakha’ where Jonh will be playing the role originally played by Suray.
‘I think Suriya looked pretty cool as a cop, mouche (moustache) and all. I don’t know how I look with a moustache. If the people whose opinion I value like me in it, it stays,’ said John.
In order to get the spoken language, body language, personality and tone just right, Jonh is taking in extra efforts by not only changing his food and exercise habits, but also watching all the cop films possible under the sun right from from Clint Eastwood’s ‘Dirty Harry’ to Om Puri’s ‘Ardh Satya’ to Amitabh Bachchan’s ‘Zanjeer’.
‘I’ve always dreamt of playing a cop. I’ve watched Mr. Bachchan in ‘Zanjeer’ so many times that I’ve lost count. One of the main reasons I wanted to do the Hindi version of ‘Kaakha Kaakha’ was to get into a cop’s uniform. To my disappointment, my director Nishikant Kamat decided to do away with the uniform in my film,’ John said.
However, John was adamant to get the uniform back. So, now the script is being re-worked again. John has also been bonding close with the Tamil superstar Suriya. Co-incidentally, John and Suriya are neighbours in Mumbai.